08 Jul Vendor Quality Specialist
Highbury is seeking a passionate, driven, and dedicated individual to join our dynamic team of professionals as our Vendor Quality Specialist. The successful candidate in this role will ensure all Ingredients and Packaging meet technical specifications and that are compliant with CFIA, SQF, and FSMA standards.
Reporting to the Manager of Research and Development, the Vendor Quality Specialist will be responsible to:
- Support new product development and procurement teams through the evaluation and approval of raw material vendors.
- Participate in the assessment of raw material risks and identification of controls to mitigate risk.
- Participate in audits of vendors, as necessary.
- Assist with the development and establishment of Supplier Quality programs to prevent potential issues from impacting manufacturing, product safety, and quality.
- Maintain vendor documentation files, material specifications and SAP material master data.
- Monitor vendor performance and actively seek to support the identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support resolution of Vendor Quality Notifications, ensuring effective root cause, as well as corrective and preventative action plans.
The successful incumbent will possess a post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field. Excellent time management, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills are a must. Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs as well as SAP experience would be considered an asset. Knowledge of quality systems including GFSI, HACCP, CFIA and FSMA would be preferable.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SEND THEIR RESUME, CLEARLY STATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, TO HR@HIGHBURYCORP.COM. WE WISH TO AWKNOWLEDGE ALL CANDIDATES, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERNVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.