26 Jan Quality Control Supervisor – Packaging
Highbury Canco knows its fundamental value comes from its Employees who live, work, and pay in Leamington and the surrounding area. We are proud to have created a company environment of growth, education, recognition and appreciation through many initiatives and programs. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, in-depth training, apprenticeships and mentoring programs, as well as employee appreciation initiatives and access to employee only discounts to our Highbury Brand Store.
Our belief is as you grow in life, we want to you to grown in your role with us. We take pride in developing your skills and will take every opportunity to promote our team members to new roles within the company.
Highbury is looking for an energetic individual to join our Quality Department as our Quality Control Supervisor –
Packaging. The successful candidate in this role will ensure products comply with company, regulatory and customer
quality & food safety requirements as it relates to packaging.
• Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Quality Control Packaging Analysts/ Lab to ensure all packaging testing is
completed as per frequencies and meet applicable customer specifications and regulatory requirements.
• Daily review of packaging records to ensure they are complete, accurate and acceptable before product is released
• Work directly with production and supply partners to determine root cause, corrective actions and preventative
measures for product/process deviations related to packaging integrity and critical control points.
• Review/provide packaging data to support the Supplier Quality Program.
• Aid in establishing verification programs to ensure incoming packaging materials meet standards before use in
• Complete daily administrative tasks including, scheduling of employees, timesheet review, filing, record review etc.
• Act as a representative of the company during government and customer facility, program and record review audits.
• Assist with assessment, investigation and response to consumer and customer concerns.
• Identify improvement opportunities and initiate continuous improvement with focus on the development of robust
processes and systems that deliver quality goods right the first time.
• Assist with maintenance of quality systems including written program updates, document control, internal audits,
reassessment and implementation.
• Establish and enforce safe work practices for staff.
• Degree/Diploma in a related program or equivalent food work experience
• 2 years experience in food safety & quality with food packaging analysis or knowledge of canning considered an
• Experience in maintenance/engineering and or equipment troubleshooting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Solid computer skills – Microsoft Office, SAP
Qualified applicants are requested to send their resumes to email@example.com.
Highbury Canco is committed to employment equity. We wish to acknowledge all interested candidates; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.