07 Jul Quality Control Supervisor – Analytical Lab
Highbury is looking for an energetic individual to join our Quality Department as our Quality Control Supervisor for our Analytical Laboratory. The successful candidate in this role will ensure products comply with company, regulatory and customer quality & food safety requirements.
- The QC Supervisor will lead and schedule the day-to-day activities of the Quality Control Laboratory Analysts to ensure in-process testing of products are complete, accurate & compliant to specification prior to release of stock for sale.
- Provide direction to QC Analysts and Operations staff to address out of specification conditions.
- Investigate and provide timely evaluation and disposition of non-conforming stock.
- Manage the maintenance/calibration program associated with all testing equipment.
- Lead the use of statistical process control (SPC) on a daily basis to improve efficiency and yield for all production lines and quality attributes.
- Train Quality and Operations staff on testing requirements and processes on an ongoing basis.
- Act as a representative of the company during government and customer facility, program and record review audits.
- Assist QA Manager with assessment, investigation and response to consumer and customer concerns.
- Assist with maintenance of quality systems as related to laboratory testing including written program updates.
- Degree/Diploma in a related science program or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years experience in food quality or science related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Solid computer skills – Microsoft Office; SAP experience an asset.
- Supervisory experience considered an asset.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SEND THEIR RESUME, CLEARLY STATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, TO HR@HIGHBURYCORP.COM. WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS BUT ONLY THOSE SELECTED WILL BE CONTACTED.