16 Sep Packaging Specialist – Research & Development
Highbury Canco is large food manufacturing facility and distribution center located in Southwestern Ontario. We offer competitive compensation packages including comprehensive benefits, RRSP’s and incentive packages, with ample room to grow and develop within the company. We are seeking a passionate, driven and dedicated individual to join our dynamic team of quality professionals as a Packaging Specialist.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or Science related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with packaging in the food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of R&D, engineering, and manufacturing
- Ability to trouble shoot packaging related manufacturing problems
- General understanding of HACCP and CFIA regulations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office and related enterprise systems
The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Research and Development and support the directives and initiatives defined by Executive Leadership in the company. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support New Product Development and Procurement teams through the evaluation and approval of raw materials.
- Participate in risk assessments of raw materials while implementing processes to decrease deviations.
- Assure accurate packaging documentation for all products in the factory.
- Prepare and execute packaging trials and first runs in the factory while using observations to continuously improve quality and efficiency.
- Maintain vendor documentation files and material specifications.
- Complete audits of internal material handling, as well as external third-party vendors as necessary.
- Lead and provide technical support to Operations and Quality during investigation of packaging related issues.
- Communicate with all departments and levels of the organization with reports, updates, changes and modifications to procedures.
- Develop and maintain product library.
Candidates should be confident and methodical with excellent technical skills and leadership abilities. Problem solving, teamwork and planning and organization skills are a must. Candidates will be responsible for analyzing information and strategic planning for new projects and on-going business ventures. They should possess the ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment and handle multiple, simultaneous tasks. A proven track record in driving continuous improvement while working with minimal supervision is ideal. Candidates should be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required and possess the ability to work within strict deadlines and under pressure while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those selected will be contacted.