19 Nov Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
Highbury Canco Corporation located in Leamington, Ontario is currently looking for an INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC/MILLWRIGHT to support a three-shift operation.
Candidates MUST hold a current Provincial Certificate as an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright, and have recent experience in the trade.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess a thorough knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and previous welding experience.
Job duties include:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures;
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools;
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery;
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions;
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls;
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts;
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery;
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations;
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
Rate of Pay: $36.30/hour