23 Dec Continuous Improvement Manager
Highbury Canco knows its fundamental value comes from its Employees who live, work, and pay in Leamington and the surrounding area. We are proud to have created a company environment of growth, education, recognition and appreciation through many initiatives and programs. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, in-depth training, apprenticeships and mentoring programs, as well as employee appreciation initiatives and access to employee only discounts to our Highbury Brand Store.
Our belief is as you grow in life, we want to you to grown in your role with us. We take pride in developing your skills and will take every opportunity to promote our team members to new roles within the company.
We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team of passionate employees.
Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, the Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for managing capital projects including new product introductions, reconstruction projects, Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives and provide business process development support, as required. This role requires the ability to make significant decisions independently as well as supporting and working as part of a team of other management and trade/technical professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Management and/or related Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 3 years Project Management experience working on technical / manufacturing / industrial related projects.
- A valid P. Eng. Designation, Program / Project Management Certification, Completion of Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering Technology Diploma or related field are an asset.
- Previous experience working in a food processing industry, collective bargaining workforce, and within a CFIA inspected facility, as well as knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations are also an asset.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects independently and/or in conjunction with other Project Manager(s).
- Lead all aspects of the project management lifecycle of assigned projects, from project conception through project close out, ensuring project deliverables are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure project risks are defined and mitigated within resource and budget constraints, including but not limited to safety, quality, financial, cost and performance.
- Manage cross functional teams in the development and installation of projects to ensure project goals and objectives are well documented and project concerns / issues are addressed.
- Identify resource requirements to meet project deadlines and work with functional managers to assign resources to meet desired project timelines.
- Clearly communicate completed tasks and progress of project milestones and assigned duties to Management and project stakeholders.
- Research new technologies and or processes and identify areas of opportunity to introduce into HCC operations where beneficial.
- Identify needs to for outside resources / expertise (consultants, technical services, and contractors), and evaluate these resources for their suitability to support project deliverables to meet required timing.
Candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Great problem-solving, decision making, motivational and communication skills are a must. Candidates must be able plan and organize on a large scale, as well as to recognize current and future business needs to develop cost effective strategies. Knowledge of MS Office, SAP and AutoCAD Software are desired. Candidates should possess a positive attitude and work ethic.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their resumes to email@example.com.
Highbury Canco is committed to employment equity. We wish to acknowledge all interested candidates; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.